When consistency counts: rental accommodation for regular secondments
A highly-respected North England Law firm routinely sent legal experts on secondment for 6 months to a year to some of the major banks based at Canary Wharf. The legal expert’s Personal Assistant used to organise the rented accommodation in London from their desks. A challenge even if they were based in London and not 160 miles away.
The common problems both the PAs’ and the firm faced were many –
- The logistics of finding appropriate property, negotiating a lease, getting it furnished, sorting out approving the landlord’s inventory, setting up the utilities, council tax, TV Licence and getting broadband installed was immensely time consuming.
- The PA wasn’t trained in tenancy agreements, and sometimes the ‘deal’ wasn’t fair to the tenant, leaving the firm at ‘risk’.
- Finance weren’t too pleased with making immediate payments to secure the property, not to mention the numerous monthly bills that needed checking and paying.
- The firm’s client wasn’t happy as they were paying the accommodation costs and they varied every month as the bills came and went.
- The Legal Expert wasn’t a happy occupant – there was no maintenance support and they had to ‘manage’ the landlord for every little thing. The property wasn’t that good because a PA looking at photos is never as good as looking at it in person. They had to be ‘in’ for tradesmen when they wanted to be at work. They also got upset because some experts got better property than others and in better locations. and that sort of imbalance can rankle.
MYTAS offered them a simple solution. MYTAS would provide the legal expert on secondment with a good quality, standard size property in the right location that they selected for a fixed price that included ALL the costs.
The PA was delighted as they now only had to send one instruction email. Finance now only see one monthly consolidated invoice, with one single price per property. The Law Firm’s client now has one single known monthly cost which really helps with budget management and a supplier who is totally focussed on the job at hand. And the Legal Expert? Well they got a property they chose, with good quality furniture, fixtures and fittings, broadband from day 1 and a 24-7/365 Property Maintenance support service.
So many wins it is almost a sin!